The organisers take another step forward in the mobility and logistics arrangements to make the event as sustainable as possible
The World Cup Finals Andorra 2023 team has incorporated new operational measures in the mobility and logistics arrangements to ensure that the event, which will take place from the 13th to the 19th of March, is as sustainable as possible. The aim is to help change the logistical behaviour of alpine ski lovers, so that the number of journeys taken in private vehicles is reduced as much as possible.
As far as journeys undertaken by members of the public are concerned, the aim is that everyone uses shared transport or gets to the competition courses (in El Tarter and Soldeu) by using the slopes. For this reason, in the same way that it was done during the MTB World Cup in Pal-Arinsal last summer, public transport from Andorra la Vella will be free for everyone from eight o’clock in the morning till six o’clock in the evening. Buses will run significantly more frequently before the start of the races and once they have finished. There will also be a dedicated collective transport operation from the capital for those wishing to enjoy the opening ceremony on Monday, 13th March at 19:30h.
Complementing this measure, shuttle buses will be operating to El Tarter and Soldeu from Canillo, where a special 250-space car park will, for the first time, be available that will add to the parking spaces already available in the village. During the weekend of the 18th and 19th of March, the Grau Roig car park will also bolster access to the event, and it is where shuttles will depart from to get to Soldeu. In addition, to make it easier for spectators to come from the slopes, the Encamp, Canillo and Grau Roig sectors will bring forward the opening time of the slopes to eight o’clock in the morning.
In addition, the organisers of the Andorra 2023 Finals also want to encourage spectators to use the new vehicle-sharing platform promoted by the Andorran Government, http://andorra.compartir.org/. This site allows people who all wish to make the same journey in private vehicles to contact each other, either for regular or sporadic journeys.
The media transfers to the press centres will be done using specific timetables that optimise travel to the fullest extent. The same optimisation policy will be applied to equipment transfer from Barcelona airport and between accommodation and competition courses.
Finally, the logistics team, responsible for delivering, distributing and collecting all the materials and resources necessary to make the event possible, has implemented a new modus operandi. This is to further minimize energy consumption and optimize travel as much as possible, both for the snow grooming machines and helicopters as well as for the other means of transport involved.
Practical information for watching the 2023 Finals:
- The Organising Committee has organised for a free bus service to be available (the same stops as the regular service between Andorra and Soldeu) for those attending the opening ceremony in Soldeu on the 13th of March. Departure and return from the National Bus Station in Andorra. Timetable: 17:00h, 17:15h, 17:30h and 17:45h. It is also available for returning from Soldeu to Andorra la Vella once the show ends.
- From the large parking lot in El Tarter, eight buses will also be in operation to transport those members of the public that leave their cars. The shuttles will run from 17:00h to 22:00h, both for the journeys up to Soldeu and those coming back to El Tarter.
- Free public transport for everyone from Andorra la Vella from 08:00h to 18:00h (15th-19th March) with increased frequency before and after each competition.
- Car parks in Grau Roig and Canillo will be available to the public, with shuttle buses between Canillo and El Tarter (15th-17th March) and from Canillo and Grau Roig to Soldeu (18th and 19th March).
- Opening of the slopes at 08:00h in the morning in the Grau Roig and Canillo sectors and at 07:45h from the Encamp sector (Funicamp) to access the races from the slopes during the weekend of the 18th and 19th of March.
- Tickets to attend the opening ceremony and races can be obtained from https://events.grandvalira.com/es/grandvalirasoldeuworldcup/entradas